Looking back on 2019, it was a year of growth. It was filled with happiness, sadness, frustration, joy, self doubt, health and sickness.
I accomplished many things, travelled places, ate lots of food and started leaning more into finding what truly brings me joy.
Everyone always writes their accomplishments for the year and it’s about more than that. I like to be able to look back and reflect on the highs and lows, especially when my year was filled with so much.
So here goes everything that happened this year:
- I visited Whistler and Tofino for the first time (plus the original Tacofino truck)
- Went to my first Poetry Slam night
- Went to the Sunflower Festival for the second year in a row
- Photographed a friends wedding
- Went Vegan
- Saw the Jonas Brothers for the first time
- Got matching Pineapple tattoos with my best friend
- Learned lots about Gut Health
- Went to Mexico on my first All Inclusive
- Started healing some awful Digestive Issues
- Started an Etsy Shop
- Signed up to be an Organ Donor – If you aren’t registered already, you should consider it!
- Launched my Virtual Assistant Business
- Doubted myself and my abilities to do what I really want to do
- Switched to a Safety Razor
- Made LOTS of Jam
- Attended GLOW Abbotsford for a second year
- Learned lots more about Sustainable Living
- Cried lots
- Read Educated and recommend EVERYONE reads it.
- Had many Breakfast dates
- Focused on a good sleep schedule and eating well (more the second half of the year)
- Had two jobs most of the year
- Ended the year with the intentions to really dig deep into my Creative side.
Even though 2019 was overall a decent year for me, it wasn’t without its lows. At times I felt emotionally drained, lost for where I was going with my life, feeling ‘behind’ everyone else, having the worst health year yet, overwhelmed with Climate Crisis, hating my job and just feeling bored.
I came to realize that my boredom had a lot to do with lack of creative outlets and thinking too far into the unknown future, so the last few weeks of 2019 were spent finding ways to utilize my creative abilities.
Cheers to 2020 and all the growth it’s bringing. 🍾