I would really like to do some more reading this year. Try and get in the habit of reading before bed instead of staring at a screen watching an episode of my latest favourite show or scrolling Instagram.
So, I decided to compile a list of all the books I’d like to read this year, adding to it as I find more that peak my interest.
Realistically, I may only finish 6 books this year, as I am a slow reader, but who knows! Maybe I’ll surprise myself, especially if I throw in some audiobooks on the commute to and from work 😉
- You are a Badass; Jen Sincero – I’m only a chapter in and I’m already hooked. It’s all about your subconscious and how it shapes the way you are.
- Lose Well; Chris Gethard – If you’ve never listened to the podcast Beautiful Anonymous, I highly recommend you go give it a listen right now. Chris hosts the podcast and it a series of 1hr conversations with an anonymous caller talking about whatever they desire.
- Turtles All the Way Down; John Green
- Girl, Wash Your Face; Rachel Hollis
- How to Be Everything; Emilie Wapnick – saw a TedTalk by the author of this book and I just had to order the book! It was sold out of course, so I am waiting for it to be mailed to be so I can dive right in. You can find her TedTalk here. It touches on having more than ‘one true calling’.
- Educated; Tara Westover – A memoir about a girl who didn’t attend any school until University at 17 and then went on to get a PhD.
- Emily and Einstein; Linda Francis Lee – A book set in New York all about second chances and Einstein is a dog. What more could you ask for?
Any books you’ve read that I should check out? I’m always open for more suggestions. Have you read any of the ones listed as well?