Lately I’ve been learning so much about the Instagram Algorithm and how frustrating it can be to be sharing lots of content and it just doesn’t get the same reach it used to. My most frustration comes from missing friends posts in my feed and then seeing 2 day old posts instead. Well I have figured out a few ways to help with How to Beat the Algorithm and see what you want to see in your feed!
Below is a list of my favourite ways to increase engagement and getting my posts seen – as well as seeing the content I want in my feed. It’s a win-win.
- Engage – The best way to show Instagram that you’d like to see someones posts is by engaging with their content regularly. Like, Comment, send them a message. The more often you engage with someone, Instagram realizes you want to see their content, so it is more likely to be in your feed.
- Use Stories – I recently started using stories more. I am actually more likely to look through stories for longer than my feed, and the more often you post a story, your story gets bumped to the front of your friends feed. Just try not to get too spammy though!
- Post Notifications – I thought they got rid of this option, but recently found it again! Go to the profile of someone you’re following and click on the following button below their profile. Where you see the ‘Notifications’ option, you can turn on notifications for their posts, stories, and IGTV. Super helpful for never missing a Giveaway, recipe or their latest Blog Post again.
- Hashtags – The world of Hashtags is big and can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! I recently made a post on Instagram about hashtags and some ways to utilize them well. The best way to use hashtags is to use as many as you can. Some to your niche, some relevant to your photo and then use both very common ones and less common ones. The less common ones (10k or less) aren’t use as often and can sometimes increase your reach as they stay in the feed of that hashtag for longer! I have a note in my phone of my hashtags that I use most often and it’s really helpful for adding to posts.
- Save Posts – I recently learned what the little banner looking icon to the bottom right of someones post meant! It is to SAVE the post for later, so you can refer back to it. Great for recipes or if you’re wanting to check out a cool cafe. This tells Instagram that you like that post and keeps engagement with that person.
- Switch to a Business Profile – of course this isn’t for everyone, but I have a business profile now, and it is really helpful for getting insights into my engagement, when the best time to post is, who saw my post through hashtags. Works really well for seeing which hashtags could be better than others.
So there you have it. Some tips for Instagram that you could start using today. What are you waiting for?!
What do you find most frustrating about Instagram? Leave a comment below?
Did you know I’m also a Virtual Assistant, so I can manage your Instagram for you?
Interested in outsourcing some work? Book a FREE call below.