For me, Lunch is often yesterday’s dinner leftovers. Of course, not everyone will have dinner leftovers and depending on what I had for dinner, I often don’t either. I always have to make my lunch beforehand and then take it to work. Thankfully I have access to fridge and stove (being in a kitchen) so I can keep my stuff cold or warm up/cook something if I need.
Some of my go to lunches that travel great;
- A wrap with Veggies and Hummus
- Spinach or leafy green’s salad
- Quinoa salad – these can be endless flavour combos and I plan on doing another post on some of my favourite’s.
- Pasta Salad
- Mason Jar Salads – I will also do a post on this too, but there are lots of ideas online.
- Sandwiches – I love cucumber and cream cheese, Hummus and Cucumber, or Avocado and Hummus.
- Snack bites to make a meal – veggies and hummus, cheese and crackers, apple and PB
- Perogies – add some onion and sauerkraut.. So good!
- Fried Rice – so inexpensive to make, so I’ll be sure to write up a recipe for this one, too.
- Rice Wraps – lots of different filling options, but always delicious with Peanut Sauce
Of course, some of my dinner options listed below can also be used as a great lunch, so you can always double up on dinner and have a quick and easy lunch for the next day.
Dinner is sometimes a bit of a random one.. I have lots of knowledge on culinary and cooking, but some days I just don’t feel like cooking after work. I try and have veg with every meal, but sometimes all I want is a grilled cheese. Lately, I’ve been loving rice with lentils and salsa. I know it sounds weird, but it is SO good!
Anyways, here is a list of dinner ideas that are my personal favourites;
- Chili – it can be thrown in the crockpot and cook away all day or try my stove top Chili.
- Lasagna or a Pasta bake
- Tacos – I like to do Vegetarian ground beef, peppers, onions, corn, avocado and salsa.
- Stuffed Peppers – This is great for using leftover taco fillings – just mix with some rice before filling the peppers.
- Zucchini Boats
- Soup – I love a good Broccoli or Potato and Leek soup
- Burgers – of course, veggie burgers are my go to, but nothing beats a good Portobello Burger either.
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup – growing up I always had Mushroom soup with my grilled cheese as I wasn’t too keen on Tomato Soup then..
- Shepherds (Cottage) Pie – I LOVE POTATOES! I have a super easy and delicious Vegetarian Cottage pie recipe. You can find it here.
- Spaghetti – another versatile dish. Endless veggie options 🙂
- Thai Coconut Curry
- Tofu and Veg Stirfry – I love Tofu and Broccoli with a Teriyaki and Ginger Sauce over Rice. SO GOOD!
- Ramen – Another one I love and eat often – and no, I’m not referring to the instant stuff
- Falafel – You can get a package that you just add water too and they are super easy to pan fry
- Pizza – buy the base, add your toppings and bake.
- Loaded Baked Potato aka. Jacket Potatoes – I love doing this with Sweet Potatoes. Bake and then cut in half lengthwise and top with Chili or any other bean and veggie combo.
Obviously I could talk about dinner options for a while, but this is just something to get you started with some ideas.
Did I forget to mention your favourite meal? Let me know in the comments below or let me know if there is something you’d like a recipe for.