I know we all have our go-to favourite brands and products for things. Thought I’d share a few of the things I’ve been loving lately with links for where you can find them.
This year, I am really trying to make some progress in reducing my carbon footprint and waste. A lot of these things definitely have made my life easier when it comes to everyday items I enjoy using – like straws and beauty products.
- Silicone Zip Bags – these are great for the freezer or fridge, or even just for snacks that are too wet for a cloth snack sac. I ordered a pack of four and may just have to order some more. Available here.
- Reusable tea sachets – bought these about a year ago and they are nice for when I don’t want to carry around a metal tea ball all day. Available here or in various kitchen stores. (Alternatively – you can buy unbleached compostable tea bags to fill with loose tea and take on the go). I also have a post on tea companies that don’t add plastic to their teabags or offer delicious loose tea. You can find that here.
- Abeego Beeswax Wraps – got these for Christmas and LOVE them. They are reusable for about a year and come in a few sizes. You can add more wax to them when they have no stick left, compost them or even use them for a fire starter. Great alternative to plastic wrap. Available here.
- Bamboo Toothbrush – I ordered some of these forever ago and feel good knowing I’m not adding to the mountain of plastic toothbrushes in the ocean, because a toothbrush is kind of an essential item. Their website also offers a subscription so they automatically mail you new toothbrushes right to your doorstep! Available here.
- Cloth bags for Bulk Shopping – These are similar to the one’s I own. Great for nuts and seeds, as well as smaller bulk buys. Much better than lugging around a bag full of heavy jars to the bulk store. Available here. If you have sewing knowledge, you can also make them with old pillowcases or even t-shirts.
- Metal Straws – I take one of these everywhere I go. At first I didn’t like the way they felt on my teeth, but it didn’t take long for me to love having them whenever I needed. Available here or at many stores.
- ELF Make up – Their Primer and Mascara are great, and even better cruelty free and vegan. Their products are easily accessible at most beauty/drug stores.
Do you have any zero waste products you like? Anything you want an alternative for, but are unsure where to find it? Comment below and I can try and help!
Follow me on Instagram.