Happy 2020! It’s so crazy that its finally here and I feel like this year is going to be a year of huge growth and positive change.
First off, if you missed my goals for 2019 be sure to check it out!
I’d like to say I am WAY better at remembering my reusable shopping bags, I did some travelling to Whistler, Kelowna and Tofino. I’m still working on cutting out the plastic, but again I feel its reducing more. I’ve made some conscious swaps, so again more baby steps.
For 2020, I’d love to continue to keep working towards what truly sparks joy in my life. I find it’s so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated with all the sad news of Climate Crisis’, living more sustainably, the cost of everything feeling far out of reach and working at just ‘okay’ jobs to pay the bills.
I did a little post on my Instagram with a couple goals for 2020. I’ll write those to start off the list.
- Read More Books – this was previously a goal of mine and I’m hoping for 12 total. One a month – so if you have any recommendations send them my way. Currently reading Love Lives Here.
- Replace my Income as a Chef with income from my VA Business. If you missed seeing what I do, you can find a list of my services offered here and if you follow my Instagram, you can see regular updates on what I’m working on.
- Drink more water and Stretch Daily – My water intake is usually not too bad, but I’m really bad for not stretching regularly and it is so good just to move regularly.
- Launch an E-book – more details to come soon.
- Unplug once a month – like put my phone down and leave it all day. We’re always so connected and it’s so good to be screen free once in a while.
- Save and learn to invest – I’d love to learn to invest a little as the pay off is worth it and of course saving is always important.
- Live in the Moment – the shirt I’m wearing as I write this blog post says to Live in the Moment and not enough of us do that. I can easily get caught up in worrying about the future and not enjoying the present moment, so I’m working on less of that.
- Live more minimally – I’ve been donating a lot of things recently as I’m trying to reduce what I have in my home. We are all so used to having so much stuff and it’s just not necessary. I try to be way more conscious of my purchases and if I really need something.
So that’s it. I could write so many things that I’d love to do in 2020, but too many things mades it overwhelming and less achievable, so keeping it relatively short this year. In order to achieve my core happiness, I am still going to say NO to things that I don’t want to do and don’t help me towards my goals and YES to the little joy items. (Even if I have to temporarily take a little pay cut or work not so ideal hours for a little while).
Now, I challenge you all to strive to find your true happiness this year whether that is simply waking up 20 minutes earlier to enjoy your coffee before your day starts. Are you with me?