Any who knows me personally, knows that I LOVE to travel. I was bit by the travel bug years ago and I am always thinking of the next place I can go and check off my list.
Well, for my 25th birthday, my roommate and I decided to head down to Portland for 3 days.
Taking an Amtrak train, we left Vancouver at 6am and enjoyed the sights along the coast as the sun came up. We stayed in a cute hostel, which was originally built in the 1800’s! So much history and character, would definitely recommend staying at the HI Portland. Central location, so great for walking everywhere too! They even had a cafe/coffee shop connected to it for all your breakfast, snack and coffee needs.
On the first day there, we arrived around 3pm, so we spent most of it exploring and what not.
Below is a list of everywhere we went to – definitely some good little gems!
- Trader Joes – Always make a Trader Joes stop when I go to the states. I LOVE IT
- Whole Foods – more selection than Canada
- Boxer Ramen – AMAZING RAMEN!
- Pearl Tea Bar – I had the best Boba (aka Bubble Tea) I have ever had here. They had Pumpkin Spice for their feature drink since it was October, and their Chai is equally as delicious. Thanks to them , I also now own a metal Boba Straw.
- Harlow – Discovered this restaurant through a friends Instagram and my, was it worth it! Vegetarian and gluten-free to boot.
- Voodoo Donuts – Delicious donuts. They even have a vegan selection.
- Powell’s Books – Well known book store in Portland for good reason. It is a whole city block and had Nine separate rooms of special books.
- Rachels Ginger Beer – So many good different flavours of Ginger Beer. I personally loved their Pineapple one.
- Tea Chai Té – Cute little tea shop with lots of loose leaf teas to order or buy to take home.
Have you ever been to Portland? I definitely could see myself living there!
Want to make sure you don’t miss a new post? Subscribe to our emails below!