I don’t know about you, but I LOVE Chocolate.. and I could eat nut butters by the spoonful from the jar. Put the two together and they’re like two peas in a pod.
Naturally, I love peanut butter cups, but I find store bought ones are just too sweet.
I decided to come up with these peanut butter cups – and with only 3 ingredients – they’re quick and pretty easy.
All you’ll need is chocolate, your choice of nut butter and coconut oil!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook and Cool Time: 55 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 12 cups
300 g Chocolate* (I used 150g Milk, 75g White and 75g Dark) . *Use All Dark Chocolate for Vegan*
1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup Nut Butter (Peanut, Cashew, Almond, etc)
- Melt Chocolate in individual bowls (if using more than one chocolate). You can melt it over a hot water bath in metal/glass bowls or in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with paper liners and place a spoonful of (milk) chocolate in the bottom of each. Gently brush the chocolate up the sides about half way, but not too thin.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Combine coconut oil and nut butter in a bowl and warm until smooth. Place a spoonful into each cup and then place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, spoon chocolate on top of the nut butter. (To marble, use White and Dark then swirl with a toothpick).
- Freeze 30 minutes then remove from paper liners and store in the freezer in an airtight container.
eatdevour them. —