You all really wanted the recipe to my thick, creamy coconut yogurt and I don’t blame you. After two days in the fridge it really thickened up to be fluffy almost like Whipped Cream. *drools*
Now I know Coconut milk is quite high in fat, but this yogurt is worth it.
What you’ll need:
– Yogurt Maker ( It is possible in a Crockpot, but I’m not familiar with that method yet)
– Coconut Yogurt (I use Silk brand for my first batch to keep it dairy free)
– Coconut Milk – I use a mix of canned and carton. So Delicious and Aroy D are my two go to’s. More explained below.
– Mixing Bowl
– Measuring Cup
– Vanilla – optional
Combine 1 Can Coconut Milk and carton Coconut Milk to equal 3.5 Cups. Add 1/2 Cup yogurt as your starter. Mix well. Add splash of vanilla if you’d like.
Use yogurt maker according to directions. I fill the circles with warm tap water and place the cups inside. Fill with yogurt mixture and place lid on top. I cook for 8+ hrs. 🙂
1 Can Coconut Milk (I use Aroy D)
1 carton So Delicious Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Coconut Yogurt for starter
Vanilla – optional
1. Pour can of coconut milk into measuring cup. Add carton coconut milk to equal 3.5 Cups of liquid.
2. Add in 1/2 Cup yogurt as ‘starter’. Stir well to combine. Add a splash of vanilla if you’d like.
3. Pour into containers and cover with lid. Turn on for 8+hrs.
4. After 8 hours (the longer it cooks, the more tart it gets, so you can play around with the time to your liking) remove and either leave in the jars used or place into a bigger jar. I like to use a big jar to save fridge space. I leave mine to sit atleast 24hr’s in the fridge before using to thicken up a bit.
ENJOY with berries, banana, maple syrup, granola, etc.
*Aroy D coconut milk is a little more pricey than some other coconut milks, but it’s only ingredients are 65% Coconut Extract and Water.
* So Delicious Organic Unsweetened – I just enjoy the flavour of this coconut milk and it’s nice that it is shelf stable, so you can stock up when it is on sale.